Reaching for the Stars
A book about team quality. A tool to develop the special kind of quality performed in a team, which is crucial to the total quality of the organisation.
Out of stock
Reaching for the Stars
A tool to develop 3 star team quality
“Reaching for the Stars” is a different book about quality. It is about the special kind of quality performed in a team, which is crucial to the total quality of the organisation. The book is a source of inspiration and provides the manager and members of a team with practical help for developing team quality and thus contributing to the success of the organisation and the team.
Team quality is one of the five kinds of quality: Personal quality, team quality, product quality, service quality and company quality. Each of the five kinds of quality has two dimensions: A hard (concrete, technical) dimension and a soft (human, emotional) dimension.
The importance of team quality to the success of the organisation is explained and the main elements of quality development are described:
- Definition of the team’s IP-level (the Ideal level of Performance).
- Measurement of the team’s AP-level (the Actual level of Performance).
- Quality development (bridging the gap between IP and AP).
This book launches two new concepts for describing, measuring, developing and maintaining team quality: Quality areas and quality factors.
The tool part of the book contains:
Star quality: A tool to monitor and develop the quality of a team’s total performance, so it can keep meeting demands and expectations for “3-star top quality”.
Quality climate: A tool to monitor and develop the relations, the culture or the “climate” in the team so that it can keep meeting the team members’ demands and expectations for a top quality workplace.
The tools are supplemented by checklists and useful know-how like examples of quality areas and factors, and a personal test “You as a team member”.
This book is for everybody in the organisation
- The management of the organisation can obtain help to inspire team leaders in their work of monitoring and developing team quality. Top management receives tools to compare performance and quality climate in all the teams of the organisation.
- The team leaders get inspiration and concrete tools to map out and fulfil demands and expectations placed on the team and to commit everybody to the quality process and improve the quality climate in the team.
- All employees can find inspiration and help to understand their own role in the quality process and develop personal quality and thus contribute towards developing the quality of the team.